Organ Donors are Awesome!

You guys.  I am amazed at the number of amazing people in my life and in the lives of my friends and family members who have reached out to find out about being tested as a match for me.  It is wonderful and amazing and I just love it.

I am one person, and I only need one kidney.  There are several thousand more out there who need a kidney so if you are somebody who was willing to reach out to me only to find we weren't a compatible blood type or if you're one of the amazing people who has magical O blood but find that we aren't a match a bit later in the process please consider being an altruistic donor for somebody else.There are programs across the United States looking for live donors daily.  Being able to provide living donors for patients in my age group helps free up cadaver kidneys for the grandma's and grandpa's out there who maybe don't have the same access to the amazingness I do.

Even if I don't find my perfect match, my energies will not have been wasted if I can help somebody else find their match.  You can give somebody else the gift of life.  All blood types are needed, and all my Os, guys you are the universal donor and there is somebody out there who you match.

If you have medical conditions that preclude you from being a living donor, please consider donating your organs after your death.  You won't need them anymore and there are people needing a kidney who may have a similar medical condition and your kidney would be perfect for them.  For example, HIV patients can receive cadaver kidneys of similar illness.  HIV positive to HIV positive Transplant So don't think there isn't anyone who would want your organs just because you weren't able to be a living donor.  I plan to donate all the organs that survive being mine. 

Please follow the links below to continue your own research to become a donor.

Find a program near you for living donation






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baskets of Kidneys...er...eggs

ISO: Single dark red healthy kidney for lifelong commitment

Battlefield