Baskets of Kidneys...er...eggs

End stage kidney disease is a long waiting game, one I've played for a while now and have always known that the time would come for me to need a new kidney or dialysis.  Well, I'm a little closer.  We just went through a big move and change in our lives so obviously it is also time for a drop in kidney function.  I have dropped from a steady 17% to about 13%.  My doctor thinks that I will be able to wait until I'm closer to 5% before needing to start dialysis because overall I'm not very symptomatic and my other levels are pretty stable, which means I am really good at this game and am winning.

Today I received a call from Vilda, the wonderful transplant coordinator at Walter Reed, with the recommendation that I return to actively asking and looking for a donor, in the event that the amazing potential donor I wrote about here is unable to donate.  This will prevent me from having all of my kidneys (eggs) in one basket and  hopefully decrease the wait time for a transplant to be done before I have to start dialysis.

So...here I am, once again asking and looking for a kidney....just one...

If you'd like to be tested as a match or if you previously reached out and didn't hear back or were told they weren't actively testing matches, please call Vilda Desgoutte at 301-319-2841.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ISO: Single dark red healthy kidney for lifelong commitment

Battlefield